Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Best Soup of Your Life.

It is raining today, so of course I am hankering for some soup!  I am a little burnt out on chicken, so today I am making a beefsteak tortellini and white bean soup. Enjoy!



1 pound Beef Stew Meat
Beef Broth
Canned Stewed Tomatoes or Tommy Toes (the little ones)
Onion-diced
Garlic cloves OR powder
4 cheese tortellini


I like to begin by putting my broth and my beans in the pot first.  Let them stew and boil and soften while you do the rest.

Take your stew meat, and season it to taste.  I like to use a little chili, garlic, and onion powder.  Almost over seasoning.  On a medium skillet on low to medium heat, heat a bit of oil and brown your meat in it, just barely brown.  Do not cook all the way or it will be tough.  Add your meat to your broth and beans.  Then add your tomatoes, onion, and garlic to the broth.  Let it stew on medium heat for about 20 minutes.  Then add your tortellini.  Let it cook until the tortellini is done.  Serve, with a light sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese or sprinkled parmesan, with a side of garlic toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment